Great benefits of Gratitude....
I received a nice letter in the mail today from my real estate agent, wishing us a Happy Thanksgiving ....and a flier (*Source Forbes, 7 scientifically proven benefits of gratitude that will motivate you to give thanks year round*) on the "8 Great Benefits of Gratitude". suggesting that we express gratitude every day (not just in November!) and reap the benefits year round.
1) Improves your attitude (makes us feel more positive and optimistic and reduces stress)
2) Builds stronger relationships. (a simple "thank you' lays the groundwork for a stronger relationship)
3) Improves your mental health. (studies show that expressing gratitude helps you to deal better with your emotions and may even reduce depression.)
4) Enhances your physical health (people who are thankful, tend to be healthier)
5) Boosts your self-esteem (taking stock of what you're grateful for helps you maintain perspective)
6) Promotes better sleep. (jotting down what you're thankful for each day boosts your mood & allows for better sleep.)
7) Increases your empathy for others. (gratitude may make you more sensitive toward other people's feelings.)
8) Spreads happiness! (gratitude positively impacts your overall well-being making you happier and more satisfied with your life!)
So let's be grateful and thankful every day for our lives and our relationships... and not wait for November to take advantage of their benefits. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. Namaste'